In some network environments, connecting to a network license for SVOFFICE is a simple matter of opening File > Authorization in the software, and checking the "Read Network-Type USB Key" option. If your license is still not available after enabling this setting, please try the following:
1. Open the URL http://localhost:1947/ in a web browser, on the computer you run SVOFFICE from.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If this URL does not work, then you must reinstall the hardware drivers. Please refer to this KB article: Where do I get the latest usb key drivers?
2. Click on the "Configuration" option, then click on the "Access to Remote License Managers" tab.
3. If it is not already checked, enable the "Aggressive Search for Remote Licenses" option. Please note that the first two options should also be checked, but they are normally checked by default.
4. It may also be necessary to explicitly specify the name or IP address of the server hosting the network license key. You may have to get this information from your network administrator. Enter this value in the "Remote License Search Parameters" text box.
5. Click on "Submit" to commit any changes.
Note to admins: the INI file listed at the bottom of this window is where these settings are stored. It is possible to deploy this file to client machines in a network environment, so that custom settings can be deployed to multiple computers and simplify network maintenance.