Reference: This article has been modified from the content presented on http://www.coade.com at http://www.coade.com/uploads/cadworx/error/3059.htm. SoilVision Systems Ltd. is not associated with these companies or products in any way, except that we also use the NetHASP Network USB Keys.
NetHASP License Manager / NETHASP.INI Instructions
- You must have ADMINISTRATOR level privileges to perform these steps.
- Attach the Red network hardware lock to the USB port of the server machine or machine to host the key and be accessed over the network.
- Run the file "LMSETUP.EXE" on the machine where the hardware lock is attached. The LMSETUP.EXE file can be found at the SVOffice 2009 Download Page. Follow the on screen instructions and install the NetHASP License Manager as a "Service".
- The NetHasp License Manager will automatically start every time the user re-boots the machine. This occurs because the NetHasp License Manager is setup as a start up service inside Windows. To verify that this has occurred, go to Windows Start Button->Settings->Control Panel->Services Icon. In the Services dialog box, there should be an entry called "HASP Loader". The HASP Loader Service will start even if no one logs into the machine.
- Determine what protocols the NetHasp License Manager is listening to. The NetHasp License Manager will display a message such as:
"Server is listening to IPX : Loaded"
"Server is listening to TCP/IP : Loaded"
"Server is listening to NetBIOS : loaded"
- The "loaded" means that this protocol is active on the machine. Hit the Activity Log pull down menu. This will bring up the activity log which will confirm what protocols are loaded. Do not be alarmed if the activity log says that "NHSRV.INI" file not found.
- The Activity Log has a box in the top left that will allow you to bring up just the information specific to each protocol. Bring up the Activity Log for the protocol you want to use. Make sure there are no error messages here.
- For TCP/IP Protocol, the Activity Log should say something like:
"Server IP address: 220.127.116.11"
"Server Host Name: PDC_NT01"
- To speed up response time to the Network key, you may "unload" the any protocols that you are not planning on using with the NetHasp License Manager. This can be done from the Remove pull down menu.
NETHASP.INI modification for TCP/IP Protocol: See article Can I customize my NETHASP.ini file?