Where do I see this message:
This message will appear in the Authorization Log. From the SVOffice2009 Project Manager, select File > Authorization. Then click the View Log button. There will be log items like: Network Log In failed: No active NetHASP Licence Manager was found
What does this mean:
This indicates the wrong license manager is installed, the license manager files have been corrupted, or the wrong driver versions are installed.
This problem may be due to a Windows Update called "SafeNet Inc. - Other hardware - SafeNet Inc. USB Key" published 9/18/2012. An entry will appear in your Windows Update history.
This seems to be a problem only when using Network-Type USB keys.
Note: when checking to see if this service is running (Control Panel - System and Security - Administrative Tools - Services) - it shows the License Manager is running, but you cannot open the HASP License Manager from your Program menu.
What should you try:
- From the SVOffice2009 Project Manager, select File > Authorization.
- On the Network Settings dialog, if you have applied a specific IP Address for the computer hosting the Network USB Key, ensure the IP Address is correct.
- In Windows Task Manager end the hasplms.exe process.
- Download and re-install the Hasp License Manager from the download page.
- Select the "install as a service" option during the Hasp License Manager installation.
- Choose "start license manager" at the end of the Hasp License Manager installation.
- You may get a message asking if the program installed correctly (Windows 7). Choose Yes.